MILITARY BURIALS AT SEA IN HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA
At The Last Watch, we provide dignified and unique military burials at sea in Huntington Beach, CA. Each service we provide military families is unique. This is because it's your day, and it should and will be organized just how you want. In the planning stages, we consider every aspect and take care of every little detail so that you have an enriching experience with us. Our primary objective is to make the event as you want and that you have the ideal farewell for your cherished one.
The Military Burials Service
A typical military burial follows a pattern, much like this:
- Numerous military funerals at sea are preceded by an Honor Guard ceremony at the park next to 'Orion'.
- You and our Honor Guard will discuss the timetable of activities, which include a 21 rifle volley, the flag folding ceremony, the playing of music, taps, and readings by family members.
- Some families choose not to have an Honor Guard, and we work with you as per your wishes.
- The Honor Guard ceremony typically lasts 30 minutes and is fully financed by family donations. The 'average' donation is around $100, covering uniforms, guns, and ammo.
- As you leave the service to join our boat or join us at a port, we distribute flowers and refreshments to all attendees.
- We arrange the ashes in a basket, cover it with flowers and rose petals, and then place it in the water with care.
- We conclude all burial rituals on our vessel or observing from a dock by ringing the ship's bell and circling the ashes with our boat.
- We take the ashes during a typical ceremony, place them in a basket, and cover them with flowers and rose petals. Then, we carefully lower it into the water.
- After each individual's private prayer, you would next toss the flowers into the water.
- The ship's bell is rung eight times to commemorate the 'Last Watch' of a deceased loved one. The exact time and location (latitude and longitude) are recorded so that a certificate may be mailed to a specified family member.
We can plan and perform variations of this "traditional" ceremony based on your preferences. Our team will work with you and ensure that your loved one has a respectful, honorable, and loving farewell.
Customized Military Burials
We have a solid commitment to integrity, openness, and generosity, and we are neither a charter boat service nor a commercial enterprise. Ours is a non-profit public charity trust headquartered in Long Beach at 5150 PCH, Suite 200. While searching for a service that best satisfies you, you may note that we are unique: we do not charge extra for weekends or holidays, as do most other companies.
We do not have a predetermined location or time since we want you to be included in the decision-making processes and do it all at your convenience. We have also arranged complimentary parking at Rainbow Harbor for you and any guests. We can arrange for all the attendees to participate in the ceremony at no additional cost for parties with more than 12 people. No other company provides so many options in the cost-effective way we do. It has become an excellent option for many families that want the best service for the dear departed soul.
If you want to know more about our military burials at sea in Huntington Beach, CA, please call us at 714-393-9999. You can also send The Last Watch your queries via this Online Form and we will call you back soon to provide you with the information you need.
For the State of California, the Secretary of State and Attorney General, Department of Justice, and Department of Consumer Affairs have awarded a non-profit, public benefit, charitable trust designation to The Last Watch Foundation to provide funeral services to help the Military and their families. We are the only organization in the United States to be awarded this honor. The State has also given us license to perform the scattering of ashes at sea. If a donation to The Last Watch is ever received, those funds are deposited directly into The Last Watch Foundation.